Sunday, March 14, 2010

First Easel Card

Tomorrow is my grandson's first birthday and I coloured a very cute boy image from Mo Manning to use on his birthday card and then decided yesterday that I was going to try my hand at turning it into an easel card.  By the way, easel cards are very easy to make but I do think I would make the next one a little smaller (this one is 6" x 6").  I had already picked the bright (almost gawdy) papers because my grandson normally is a bright, cheerful little guy. 

My grandson isn't walking yet but he will take 4 or 5 steps, realize what he is doing and plunk his behind down.  I dare say though that he will take off one of these days and I know running will come quickly.  He is one of these little people who wants to pick up anything in his line of sight so once he is walking I imagine he will be even more curious.  He loves music and will stop and bounce up and down as if he is dancing when he hears any kind of music, including the music coming from his toys.  He is a huge flirt and grins if you just look at him.  Of course, sometimes that is a mischievous grin.







While I am at it, I think I will enter this card in the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - Celebrations
Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes
Ooh-la-la-creations Challenges - Anything Goes
The Secret Crafter - Anything Goes
Die Cut Dreams - No Flowers Allowed
My Time To Craft - Kids Kardz


The cute image from Mo Manning is called Cody's Balloon and was coloured with a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from Recollections (Michaels), Kelly Panacci for Sandylion Sticker Designs and a Provo Craft Scrap Pack.  The cardstcok is Recollections (Michaels).  Other supplies used:  Ink (Colour Box), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Craft Candy (Craftworks Cards), Buttons (Gutermann), Word Sticker (Daisy Hill), Embroidery Floss (my stash).

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, love the colours
    Thank You for joining in the fun at OLL
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm so pleased you found us and shared this gorgeous card with us at ooh La La it's a lovely image just right for a 1yr old
    I also love easel cards I cant stop making them at the moment
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card, so love the easel design and cute image, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great easel card thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card and I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card, with a fantastic image, beautifully coloured.

    Thank you so much for joining us on Secret Crafter this week, good luck at winning one of Wendy's new stamps they are gorgeous aren't they?

    Victoria DT Member of Secret Crafter

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec